We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
631 South Perryville
Rockford, IL 61108
Phone: (815) 484-9281
Fax: (815) 484-9281
Email: Send Message
Mon - Sat: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
• Very large flocks of thousands of birds, made up of many different species, can be heard flying overhead on quiet nights.
• Migration month! More birds in the area now than any other month.
• Asters and Goldenrod are in bloom.
• Juvenile American Goldfinches can be seen and heard harassing adults for food at feeders.
• Bats are busy feeding, building fat for hibernation and migration.
• Blackbird (grackles, cowbirds and redwings) flocks can number in the thousands.
• Fall migration peaks for warblers and others.
• Peak Blue-winged Teal migration.
• Robins are in large flocks, feeding on crab apples.
• First juncos and White-throated Sparrows can appear by the end of this month.